Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend is the happiest person because now we have a baby... do all men become so happy ?

He is 26 years old and he just loves our baby girl so much, he kisses her, cuddles her, plays with her feeds her gives her the milk bottle eveything... he will shave just cause he doesn't want to hurt her kissing her,his puts his cheek close to hers, he buys her cute clothing we can't afford but he insists that our baby must have everything. He cuddles in his arms until she falls asleep,he never says 'oh damn the little monster is hassling us again' when she cries or has stomach ache... he always gets up, tries to calm her down and only if he doesn't succeed in it, he calls me. He is just so sweet and caring with her, he calls her 'my little princess or daddy's princess' and he just loves her. He has his icon with our daughter, he is always so careful that she won't get hurt and always watches out if someone outside of the two of us wants to hold her, because he is afraid that they will not have the same care we have for her. He also changes her diapers and speaks to her while she is in her little bed,puts on carilon music for her and once he even got moved at the music cause she fell asleep while listening to it. I was just wondering if all dads have this relationship with their children or is it just him?

Since abuse statistics are what they are, and neglect even higher, no not all parents are good parents to their children.

FWIW, spending money you can't afford is not a good example to set for your daughter, and putting yourselves in a financially difficult situation means actual needs will be neglected.

• edward

Not just him. I LOVE my baby boy. I don’t call him my princess, just “Anak” which is the word my mom uses to refer to me, it’s like “my child” i don’t usually speak english to him because i want him to be multilingual when he grows up. I do go overboard when i go shopping, there are clothes he hasn’t even worn but he’s too big for them now. My parents are very overprotective. Not even a fly will touch him, nobody elses clothes will be washed in the same load of his laundry, special detergent for him “Ivory” soap is what they use for his clothes and he always has his diaper changed as soon as he gets wet. He’s a little bit spoiled, he’ll probably ask for a bat mobile when he’s 4

• Janet

No. Some hate it.

• Pippin

So, he is happy to be a father, but not a husband? (And too bad you are being made to pump breastmilk just so he can give bottles.)

• GB
      3 weeks agoReport

What makes you think she is being made to pump her milk?  Maybe  she didn't want to breastfeed?  

• GTB

Some do, some don't. Too bad you are not married and able to provide a normal family environment for the daughter.

You cant actually be that dense?