Amazon gift card to come to an interview?

Should I be suspicious? I have been bought lunch. I have been taken on tours. I was given a $15 Starbucks gift card once. I have never been offered a $50 gift card to attend an interview. Strange?

I am a software developer for quality. They want me to interview for a QA job that does not include coding, but they want someone with experience in coding in both Windows and Linux. The latter would be me.

They're desperate to find a qualified candidate, take advantage of the freebies while they're being offered.

As difficult as it is to find qualified and experienced programmers, those types of incentives are not unusual.  

I have seen (and been offered) as much as $5000 signing bonus for taking a programming job with a two year commitment.

If by "giving you tours" tours you mean that they have shown you around their facility, then it is probably legit.  They usually would not put together a campus to show you for a scam.

If you are curtained, go to LinkedIn or one of the similar job related sites and ask specifically about the company.  If it is legit, you should be able to find people who work there or at least know about it.

Also Google the company and see what people (not on their official web site) have to say about it.

• Adrian

Sounds suspicious. Be careful it is not some scam to get your personal information like social security numbers, date of birth, etc

Check out the company carefully. If legitimate, they can get that information once you are hired (or you get an offer of employment)

It's not usual in most fields to offer job candidates such inducements, but people with your qualifications are being courted. Enjoy it.

Yes that's strange, sounds like a bribe.