Ruyuan asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 8 months ago

Doing a dance exam at my old studio?

So I switched ballet studios about a year ago because I decided I didn’t really like the teaching methods there and it was a bit too far to get there every week. But my new studio is pretty small so for exams we have to go to another studio. My dance teacher is planning to go to my old studio!

I’m freaked out because what if people from my old class recognise me? What if my teacher does? Would they think I was rude?

Rude for switching studios, would my teacher be offended that I decided to go to another studio?

Oops that sucks! I'd freak out too so I feel for you.

However, it's up to you where you dance and it's you who chooses how you want your life to be. You named it. You didn't like their teaching method so you left. That's a good enough reason to go. You don't have to stay there if you don't want to. Your life, your decisions.

If they find it rude, who cares? As long as you're happy with your decision, everything is fine.

You don’t owe your old studio anything unless they gave you a scholarship to take classes. They are a business. Everyone has a right to train where they want. It is wrong to believe you owe them your loyalty.  Nothing to be embarrassed about. Old classmates might be friendly and say “Hi” for all you know. No need to obsess about this. 

maybe you can take another dance class