Should I shake homeopathic medicine before use?

As you all know you usually have to shake liquid medicines before use to make them as effective as they should be etc.

But I'm not sure if you do the same with homeopathic medicine or not.

Despite all my research all I've found so far is to wait 15-30 minutes before and after meals and before/after using other medicines.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Homeopathic is not medicine, it's basically an F U to real science by actual researchers who clinically trial their stuff and prove it to be safe and effective. Homeopathy is nothing shy of lunacy, in a nutshell it's drinking water and pretending it's medicine by way of magical means.

• 8 months ago

you shake liquid meds to remix them as some can separate while sitting.

Shaking does nothing for effectiveness unless some of the product is laying at the bottom of the bottle.

• Marc
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Nope. No need for that

• k w
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

of course......just be sure it's mixed....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Have you ever read about how homeopathic medicines are made? 

First they find some herb or agent that will actually make the symptoms worse--like for a toothache they'd use something that would GIVE you a toothache.  Because that toothache is your body's mechanism for fighting off some problem and you want to help!

Then they dilute the medicine with distilled water. They dilute it so many times that there isn't a single molecule of the actual medicine left!  Between dilutions they shake it and the idea is that the water molecules themselves take the shape of the medicine, so they have the effect without any actual medicine.

So the best thing you can say about homeopathic meds is that they aren't dangerous.  Distilled water won't hurt you in small amounts.  But with meals, before or after meals, shake, don't shake, none of that makes a difference.

• 8 months ago

It's water, shake it or don't, it isn't going to make you better (unless you're just thirsty)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.