Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 1 month ago

Why are pizza boxes square and the pizza is round?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Square boxes are easier to make than round, whereas round pizzas are easier to make uniformly good than square (square ones don't cook evenly).

• King Leo
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I think your answer makes more sense👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

• Login to reply the answers
  • Todd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cost of pizza is proportional to volume. In 3d space the most bang for the buck (most material in the smallest space is a sphere. We can't have a spherical pizza, but we can have a circle in 2d space. The container's cost is based on perimeter or surface area, not volume. So extra material to form the enclosure is not a big loss, especially when rectangular objects are easy to pack into a volume without wasted space external to the container. Also the cost of materials savings outweighs the small waste of space inside it. Lastly, a flat circular piece of food usually cooks more evenly.

• sepia
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
  • Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The Greek Pizza place that I love to go, serves square pizza. I don't have that problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Ease of manufacturing and distribution of the product (the box). The present container is easy to ship flat and assemble as needed. It makes maximum use of materials as manufactured. So there is less waste per unit manufactured. For a round box excess material would be scrap. Scrap has to be disposed of and increases cost of manufacturing them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

square boxes are easier to fabricate and thus cheaper.

• Round pizza maximizes the amount of area for a given amount of material

Square boxes are easier to ship, build, stack, and they don't use much more material than a round box

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.