Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 months ago

Whats wrong worth my car?

I have a 2008 dodge avenger sxt and it wouldn't start all it would do was start clicking but when I pump the gas pedal it will start but now I have to do this every time to start my car what could possibly be wrong with it

I would throw away the terminal and not clean them especially if it's a dealer terminal l-shaped with all the fuses and kind of looks like a heat sink. Some things just can't be cleaned.

Clean and tighten the battery terminals. In the time taken up to pump the gas pedal, the circuit is slightly heated and resistance reduced enough for the starter to work. Check the battery power. I think it's weak and close to dying. Charge the battery overnight to see if it improves. If it doesn't it may be time to replace the battery.

You're giving us a b.s. story. Pumping the gas pedal doesn't help start a fuel injected engine. The clicking is due to a weak battery or a poor connection to the battery.