Where to buy new wood pallets for cheap?

I’m making a bed, and I need wood pallets to make it. I’d prefer them to be new and heat treated because I will be sleeping on them and don’t want splinters or to contract any sickness that could result from sleeping on used wood. I also wanted to know if there’s an option if I could have them delivered to my local Home Depot or if they could ship it to my house for a cheap price. Thank you. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Pallet wood is totally unsuitable in terms of shape and size to make a bed, other than as the slats across a single bed frame if you happen to need a couple of replacements.

Also, even if you were to use them, the wood is very rough cut and splinters would be a major problem for domestic use. You would have to plane it, sand it and seal it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Heat treated?

Used wood??

Go buy some quality oak and make it.

You get what you pay for.

• 3 weeks ago

visit the local factory malls,,hardware stores,,the mom n pop types

see what you can arrange with them,hit on just the store clerk/helper,,slip him a few bucks to set clean pallets outside at agreed upon times,

city dump/recyclers may have a lot of clean and intact pallets

• 4 weeks ago

You can have new OR  cheap, but not both.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

pallets are not heat treated. think again. internet search for new ones

• Ann
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

check local papers for advertised free pallets, but beware that because they are used in outdoor and other conditions, many have been treated with chemicals for rot, moisture, mold, and insects.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Lots of manufacturing places receive materials on pallets, and the pallets are junked. The will give them away if you ask. Of course you need a pickup truck and will have to load them, which is not easy. Also, pallets are put together really, really well and you will probably tear it up trying to take it apart. You might get one and decide if your idea is worth it. Check behind the dumpsters at stores. There might be one there. Finally, why do you think the wood in a pallet would be cheaper than wood at the lumber yard. You would do best with some plywood and 2x4s and some fence screws, and paint. If you drew up a plan, you would know how to cut the playwood, and HD will cut it for you.

• Satan
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Probably helps a lot if you include things like where you live

There's no point me mentioning Svelter's Henrikkson's Lumber yard and Pallet Emporium in Norway (koom und seee aour Fjords!), if you live in New Mexico

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.