Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

How can I get people to appreciate my brilliance as a writer?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

"Brilliant" writers are usually ignored these days.

"Appreciated" writers tend to write potboiler garbage.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Die in a fatal care crash, and maybe someone will pick up on your brilliant writing you left behind?

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Write something brilliant, get it published, then sit back and wait for the kudos!

• 4 weeks ago

Write something that people would be interested in

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Write a story that you would love to read.  Be honest in the book even if it is fantasy.  Beings are flawed, but what makes them redeemable is there desire to recognize and conquer those flaws or use them to their advantage.  They you need to decided what type of story; is it a slice of life, a moral tale, an adventure, spiritual or psychological?  

It should be something that intrigues you and is something you would have wanted to read had you not written it. 

Source(s): Empirical knowledge
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Easy.  Write a book. Preferably a long one.  Make it about Russia during the Napoleonic Wars. Call it, er, lets see, War and Peace. No, hang on thats been done.   No, wait, here's another idea.  There's this kid on the marshes in Kent. He helps a convict. Years later he inherits a fortune and he's made into a gentleman. He thinks its some dotty old rich dame who lives around the corner.  Then he's gutted to find out that his benefactor is the criminal. Okay, call it, er, Great Expectations. Make it around 800-900 pages. Bung in loads of amusing characters, some descriptions of marshes and foggy London. Write some lines about the pathos of the human condition, etc, etc. Bob's your uncle. People will think you are a ******* genius, son. Dont forget to give me my 25% cut.      

• 4 weeks ago

Write something intelligent that everybody likes.

• Spa
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

talk Alot about your new hard back fantasy book! 

Source(s): Shared minds
  • 4 weeks ago

Write well. Use writers groups to check your work, fix the issues they find. Then when you have something that's actually publishable, you find an agent.

• 4 weeks ago

It will demonstrate itself. If it doesn't, then you weren't brilliant.

• 4 weeks ago

Get good at writing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.