Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 month ago

Is it possible to time travel?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Time traveling to the future is possible. Just move near the speed of light or go into a strong gravitational field.

Time travel to the past is not possible. That would cause paradoxes, like the grandfather paradox.

• ...Show all comments
    • 6000_km_under
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

it is not enough only to move with faster of light speed (I don't use *than/) , it depends: positions, ways, surroundings ... and it may be totally opposite.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I dreamed or had an out of body experience most likely and went to the year 10,000 there were over 150,000 planets that I was able to count close by and they were black rectangles with green lines going vertical and horizontal as I got closer it became millions of numbers 1-9 flickering altering at a super fast speed and it represented life the act of driving walking eating breathing buying a home traveling but just number expression and 0 wasn't a factor because whatever those numbers were didn't die, hard to explain but these numbers were living Gino's that can communicate with other ginos 150+ planets away in the speed of billions, it was so crazy I couldn't keep up every planet communicating at one exact time in 1 tenth of a second and numbers changing at light speed, life in year 10,000 was more advanced than a human plus robot and computer can ever simulate, so advance a human would die of complications trying to perfectly imagine it, after that experience I found out life consist of numbers, numbers is the reason for existence just make a connection between numbers and everything on earth and in the universe, number of stars, solar systems, gallexies, planets, number of people, number of doors and windows in your house, number of things you own, number of buttons in your car ect, everything has a number everything consist on numbers it runs so deep I'll have to further discuss the details through person contact.

• Dont1 month agoReport

Sounds like you had a pretty accurate future experience but your 1 million percent right everything in life and even death consist on numerology

• Tom S
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Into the future only, not back in time.

• Hunter
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There's the scientific answer: no. But in reality, what we actually know about time is next to nothing. There has been a number of recorded cases where there have been time slips, and people being temporarily transported into the past and the future. 

So time travel is possible. Just don't think anyone is going to build a Tardis anytime soon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Every day the same question is asked.  Every day the same basic answers are provided.  There are philosophical arguments that you can have.  I am tired of writing the same thing over and over.  YOUR idea of time travel is absolutely impossible.  Because if time goes forwards for you and backwards for everything else ( or forwards at a different rate) you end up at a place that is DIFFERENT from what has already happened.  ie it is no longer the past but some other place.  A different reality.  Not the past at all.

But if you ACTUALLY time travelled to yesterday so that everything was exactly what it was at that time then you would know what you knew then.  Not only that but a quick glance at any clock would show that you arrived at yesterday BEFORE you left today.  So although you travelled to the past you didn't go back in time at all.  You WERE back in time at some point in time.  But we already knew that

• goring
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There is so much time in the universe 'why not use some of it.

As  per Einstein  Time curves in space until it makes a complete circle

We all can travel in time but there is a catch=Its irreversible.

when you move you drag time along with you.

if you stop moving time is still moving.so where ever you go you cannot get rid of time.

If in a free fall toward a stronger gravity field you travel a longer distance for the same time.

• goring
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Relativity is the answer?

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We do it literally all the time - but only in the forward direction.

• Dont1 month agoReport

1 second can happen before actually happen so when time passes it's actually a cross into realms at light speed that's why time and motion coralate and manifest itself into our present so your right

• 1 month ago

Yes people have done it.  If you take a watch into space, and travel at the fastest speed possible for a few days, then the time on your watch will be a fraction of a second in the future when you return.

You have traveled into the future!

• 1 month ago

no

except forward at the rate of 1 day per day

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, of course not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.