Billy asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

What is the best and cheapest cat food?

I'm currently giving to my cat the special cat, but I'm not sure if it's the best option

Obviously, I wanted to buy whiskas, but unfortunately I have no money in my pocket

Favorite Answer

Mice ...........

Most cheap brands are made in China and have lots of fillers and some are said to have ash in them. Don’t use whiskas, special kitty, meow mix,purina,kibbles and bits (dog food). Anything vet recommended is usually good. I use Iams which is vet recommended and it’s a mid tier price. It’s not terribly expensive. A Medium bag I think it’s 7 lbs (medium size bag) usually costs me $11-$13, something like that. And my cat likes the food a lot. When we feed him it he chows down like he’s starving lol even though we feed him the normal amount he’s  supposed to have. Also another tip. I took my cat to the vet and he said my cat had some weight on him and eventually over time after a couple years if we keep over feeding him he’ll become overweight and it’s bad on his bones and his health so make sure you don’t overfeed your cat. I have a measuring cup and he gets 1/3 cup for breakfast and 1/3 cup for dinner.

• Ocimom

Special Cat, Whiskas, 9 Lives, most of Friskies, are all crap foods.  READ the ingredients - you will find "byproducts" in the first few ingredients as well as grains and corn based food.  None of which is good for your cat.

If you want a cheaper but quality food, then choose 4Health (from Tractor Supply Company), or Authority foods (from Petsmart).  Both are higher quality foods at a lower price and both have REAL meat as the first ingredient.

be careful with the super cheap cat food I lost a cat to the high ash content in super cheap cat food 

Feed it Special Kitty brand food. That's what me Basset Hound puppy eats. 

LOL! So Whiskas is BETTER? Both are complete CRAP food made mostly of corn and NO real meat.

If you can't even afford a healthy, grain free food then you have no business being a pet owner. What happens when your cats ends up sick or injured? And let me guess, you let it roam, don't you?

walmart sells canned cat food for as low as 48 cents per can

Cheap won't give you quality. Check any pet supplies store for various brands. Most of what's in grocery stores are all bottom tier, less quality.

• Mark

The "best" of anything is usually not the "cheapest", including food, appliances, houses, etc.

'Best' and 'cheapest' rarely, if ever can be attributes of the same thing.

You'd have to try some less costly brands and flavors and see IF your cat will eat them. Buying cheap cat food that your cat won't eat is just like setting your money on fire.