Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 4 weeks ago

What would a company typically do if an employee completes lots of work and is a good employee, but doesn't act very social?

• You're not there to socialize at work, you're there to do your job. Occasional chatting is fine, but socializing all day and not getting any thing done isn't. Some people are just quiet people that want to get their work done. 

I'm like that as are a few of my co workers. I don't talk to my co workers unless they want to talk to me, or unless I want to ask them something. I don't think my company doesn't have a reason to do any thing with me. If they're not causing any issues and are generally nice or polite to their co workers when they talk to the person, the company shouldn't have any issues with them.

• TedEx

Probably nothing.  Some people simply aren't social  butterflies.

If the person is not causing any problems they will usually let the employee rot in that position. By the employee's own actions they will be passed over for promotions as they will be perceived as not being interested. They will not be ranked as high as other team members so won't be getting any extra bonuses for exceeding expectations etc.

They'd have a talk with the employee, assuming they didn't just let them go.  More companies have learned that employees who fit in socially are important.  Those who may be high performers and yet don't work well with others are more likely to be a liability as they cause problems and have a negative impact on the overall environment.