HP Omen 870-210 MB upgrade help please?

Hello I have a HP omen 870-210 that I am changing the mother board on and I am not sure how to connect all the wires from my new power supply also the wires from the HP tower itself to the new motherboard.   The new mb is the gigabyte.   Here is the info on the new mb.  The wires are not marked with what they are so I don’t know how to hook all of them up so it works ?   Any help to get it right would be greatly appreciated 

• David
    Favorite Answer

I have checked the original motherboard specs and it is a uATX form factor. The only major difference is that it doesn’t have the 2x4pin CPU power connector. If the HP power supply has one then that should be fine, otherwise you may need a new PSU, unless you can find a SATA-CPU power cable adapter, or molex-CPU power cable adapter. The 24pin ATX connector is the same on both motherboards.

The front panel connectors should be identifiable with a simple multimeter, the power switch and reset switches will have continuity when they are pressed and polarity isn’t important , the led connectors won’t have continuity and polarity can be found by trial and error.

The other USB2, USB3 and Audio seem to be standard, and will only fit one way onto the motherboard headers 

There are really only 2 power cables you need to plug into the board. The ATX_12V_2x4 connector you see on the top left corner is for the CPU. The ATX connector is the big connector to the right of the DIMM slots, above the 4 SATA ports.

Assuming you haven't already disassembled your system, you can just take a picture of the stock configuration and match it up with your new motherboard. The more annoying part (for me at least) is the front panel headers. That's on the lower right corner of the board. This is where you plug in the power button, reset button (if it has one), power light, HDD light, etc. The motherboard manual will tell you where to plug these cables in. Sometimes they're a bit tricky to plug in correctly, but it isn't too hard.