Anonymous

How much harder was college than high school?

I never went to college so I honestly don't know. I did graduate high school with a 3.1 GPA which isn't saying much. Thank you for your time.

Favorite Answer

I think it depends on how well-prepared you are by your high school. If you arrive at college with good study skills and self-discipline, you're going to have an easier time than if you coasted through high school. You also have to avoid the temptations of drinking, drugs and the party life.

College was way easier to me than high school.  I actually cared about what I was learning in college.

I attended a small town high school, and my history/social studies teacher literally slept through class rather than teach, so college history was difficult. I had great biology and English teachers, so I did o.k. in those college classes. I graduated from college in 1980, so I didn't have a laptop to take notes on or write papers on...just the electric typewriter I got for h.s. graduation. I wasted lots of time typing and correcting mistakes on assignments. I remember college Spanish being difficult...it sure didn't seem like a 101 course. It was hard, right out of the gate. 

I find college to be easier than high school was because college classes are more structured, meet 1 or 2 days out of the week, and have clear objectives.

College was harder because I never paid attention in high school. I was a D student throughout most of the high school. But I have also become a much better student in college than I did in High School.

I attended 3 different colleges, and I had 3 different majors. I graduated from only one of the colleges I went to.

It seems you might be interested in going to college. If you really want to know how hard college is then I suggest you enroll yourself in a college course, so you can find out, for yourself.

• Laurie

If you were an EXCELLENT student with good work habits and self-discipline... it is about the same. If you were an average student with mediocre self discipline and ork habits, it is about 2-3 times as hard.

If yoi were a poor student, it is 10 times as hard.

Depends what you take and how good you are of course.  It can vary from pretty easy to very hard.

• Oiy

Yes much harder. But you have already grown up to fight for it

• Kyle

it's impossible to answer.  for most, it's just the culture change that is most difficult.  especially your freshmen year.  where you don't have a set schedule from 8am-3pm or so, and need good discipline to get your work done.  especially if you live on campus in a doorm, with a roommate, etc.  that can be more difficult than the actual classes itself.  

maybe go to a community college for two years if you're really unsure.  you can earn college level classes towards an associates, get your gpa up, save money on tuition, and transfer to finish your bachelor's.  some jobs and career fields you can get a good job with just a two year degree.  if you can live at home too, you'll save a lot in room and board.  assuming your parents to charge rent.  they still have clubs and activities you can do and make friends.  you just won't get the "traditional" feel of living on campus like a state college or university if that's what you want.