What is the worse thing you could think of to happen in a book you love?

Game of thrones...you mean to or in

• chorle

It gets a movie made about it that stars Adam Sandler and Will Farrell that is directed by Michael Bay But I guess that is "To" a book I love. 

A matter of divorce or a state of coma,what that suspends the story for its cause of being!

But I don't know if I love a book or not until I've finished reading it. If something happened in it that I hated, obviously this wouldn't be a book that I love.

Losing a cherished copy and having to buy a new one.

• .

Turn it into an awful Tv or movie adaptation.

• 143tay1 month agoReport

Percy Jackson

• Marli

A flat ending, when everything suddenly falls into place.

I don't mean the point where the sleuth catches the murderer or finally says to the people in the dead man's study, "Colonel Mustard did it!"  That's the good part. Then, after that, I want to know how he knew.

I mean the point where the author can't get the hero through the situation and has to contrive a missing will or kill the menacing enemy with a heart attack.

Someone ripped out the pages.

The writer was amateur enough to think that killing the main character is enough of an ending.

The book is self published and never had the benefit of an editor or a rewrite so the story crapped out at the end.

I've read some books I enjoyed tremendously until:

- A plot whole big enough to shoot a cannon ball through

- A character acting completely out of character with no explanation or reasoning given at any point.

- Cliff hanger endings, I hate them.

- Once the author withheld the character's name for no good reason, only to reveal she was called "Mary" (or something) halfway through the book. Again, for no good reason, since the reveal had no significance and her name wasn't mentioned again. That was annoying.... and I could go on...

• 143tay1 month agoReport

Go on I you like these are very interesting

• Speed

It absolutely guts me when the main character dies when s/he didn't have to. Like sacrificing themselves for a person or cause that wasn't worthy.