Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 months ago

What happens if you don't pay Property Taxes on your home?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing, at first. The charges continue to add up. Late charges, etc. Eventually you'll have to pay a lot more or have the house sold out from under you.

• 8 months ago

They blow it up with a satellite death beam from outer space.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

WRONG FORUM...again. NOT RELATED TO PHILOSOPHY. Question reported 

• 8 months ago

Your city can take your house.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Eventually a lien could be placed on your home. And it could be sold out from under you to pay off those taxes. There would of course be a long series of trials and appeals, making the lawyers rich. But in the end, you'd likely lose your home.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You are going to lose your home if you don't

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

When my parents bought this place it was on the tax records as abandoned property and taxed accordingly ------- REAL CHEAP!!

In some 50 years nobody in Government has cared to expend the money req'd to drive up here and verify that.

If I don't pay my taxes they sure as Hell would come up here and discover how well kept and pristine the property is. And I certainly don't want that ! ! !

• Troy
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

The court will order it forfeited to the county and you will receive written notice to vacate the property within a stated period of time. At the end of that period of time a county property manager or representative thereof will come, if necessary accompanied by a sheriff, they will secure the property for safety and to preserve its value. After this and and subsequent appeals by the owner the property will be auction at the next annual property seizure auction. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The extortion thieves come and take your home. 

• 8 months ago

You lose it.  The town/city has the right to auction or sell your property and you lose all rights and all that you've paid into it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.