Fender bender and need advice! ?

I drive 2006 Honda Civic and got into a fender bender last night. The guy backed into my parked car and admitted it was his fault and we exchanged information. I contacted him this morning and said he'd cover the cost of the repair. The damage to my car seems minimal, but the hood is a little bent. The hood opens and closes fine. I'm just worried about water or snow getting in the engine on the sides where it is a lot more open. Could take cause damage to my engine? Should I take this to an Auto body shop or go to the dealer? I'm not sure what else maybe bent but he hit me and wasn't going that fast. It was a slow hit. Either way this kinda stinks! 

best to get it checked out. The guy that hit you is going to pay anyway

• Kaz

I'd take it to a body shop (hopefully someone you know), they can assess the damage and tell you if it requires any mechanical work.  I'd get it fixed before any significant snowfall or cover it up or garage it.

Taking it to the dealer first will only increase the price, they'll send it out to one of their body shops and charge you at least 10% for their piece of the pie.  

Call his insurance company.

that will be an expensive repair, and how do you trust he will pay? call your insurance company now