Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

What name do you prefer?

Me and my husband are having a baby girl and it is due in a month.

We've narrowed down some names we both like and want other peoples opinions first.

Out of these names, what do you like best and what do you hate?

Please also tell us why if you can,

Thank you x

Names: Sonia, Karen, Bev,, Stacey, Sharon, Tiffany, Whitney, Mel, Bianca, Shirley.

• sorcha

Sonia is the best.

I hate Shirley. All of these names are quite retro but Shirley is particularly too old for me.

Surely Bev as in Beverley, and Mel as in Melanie/Melissa? Hate short forms as given names.

• Claude

hi (..10)

Sonia 8, Karen 8, Bev 4,, Stacey 7, Sharon 8, Tiffany 9, Whitney 7, Mel 7, Bianca 5, Shirley 6

Sonia Ruby, Karen Ruby, Bev Ruby, Stacey Ruby, Sharon Ruby, Tiffany Ruby, Whitney Ruby, Mel Ruby, Bianca Ruby, Shirley Ruby.

Sonia Summer, Karen Summer, Bev Summer, Stacey Summer, Sharon Summer, Tiffany Summer, Whitney Summer, Mel Summer, Bianca Summer, Shirley Summer.

Stacey and Whitney are the only ones I like. The others are like your naming old ladies. Bianca is the ugliest one.

All the names are very 60s/70s. The only one I like is Sonia. My least favourites are Tiffany and Sharon as they don’t feel very classy.

I like Whitney, Shirley, and Tiffany. I like Whitney because it’s a nice simple name but also really pretty and timeless. I like Shirley because it makes me think of Shirley Temple and I loved watching her movies as a child. Tiffany is a very pretty simple name like Whitney

The names I like least are Bev and Mel because they don’t seem like full names if they were a nickname for like Beverly and Melissa then I’d like them

I like the name Stacey.  Bianca is my least favorite.

The names Bev, Stacey, Mel, Bianca and Shirley are the ones I like more since they have a charm to them and are sweet and cute names. Sonia, Karen, Sharon, Tiffany, Whitney are old names that aren't that cute and don't have a good ring to them. I would recommend that you pick Bev, Stacey, Mel, Bianca and Shirley.

I don't know if this matters to you but here are the meanings to the names

Bev - dweller near the beaver stream

Stacey - resurrection; fruitful

Mel -  black, dark

Bianca - White; shining

Shirley - Bright wood; bright meadow; from the white meadow. Famous Bearers:

Here you go, hope you like this and that it's very helpful 😁

Next time love, realise an actual pregnant woman wouldn't refer to her baby as it. Troll better.