Why are my attempts to Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 not working? See error message below.?

We couldn't install Windows 10

We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10,

0x8007001F - 0x20006

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation

• Dick

To me the best way to upgrade to Win 10 is to use the option to make a DVD to upgrade another pc. This allows you to produce a DVD that you can use anytime and it won't be subject to interruptions or lags in the download process coming from your internet connection. Also, you can use it to upgrade any number of Windows PC's. The best option when the screen appears is to select the option of "I don't have a key code". Win 10 will install anyway and will look at your PC hardware and previous Windows installation a will validate the Windows 10 installation after the upgrade completes via your internet connection. If you don't have a very high speed internet connection then you may encounter download issues at any time in the installation so go the "make a DVD" route! Hope this helps.

Source(s): 33 Years Computer Experience & IT Support
  • David

Googling the error gives various fixes detailed in this website

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-update-k...