is it cruel to take honey from bees?

Update:

Im a vegetarian but i don't eat eggs or fish and i really dont like dairy products like milk or cheese etc     but honey i love! 

41 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

no! they arent hurt in the process

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not at all!  They make more than they can use.  Making more actually keeps them healthier and helps produce better crops.

• Seems like a sweet thing to do.

• 1 month ago

Beekeeping is a necessary part of agriculture, as they help to pollinate flowering plants.   They have a significant impact on plant reproduction.

Bees make more honey than what they need.   Beekeepers are not going to take so much that the bees starve or suffer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • remember in bee movie with jerry springfield it spoke about the systemic oppression of bees if they had a consciousness and if they had lives. they wanted there honey back but When they got it back everything went wrong and flowers died and so this is why i believe we should eat honey

Source(s): bee movie with jerry springfield
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bee- lieve me honey, I think it's ok.

• Matt85
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

lol

• 1 month ago

ha..ha.. it's a joke -- no it not cruel

• 1 month ago

No, it is the nature of bees to overproduce food, it's in their DNA. What is cruel is to use nicotine-based pest control products. These neonicotinoid products have been linked to bee colony collapse.

• 1 month ago

No it's not it's a bee not a human being and the bees don't get hurt

• 1 month ago

Many vegans consider honey not friendly, bees are bugs and thus part of the living creature collective that is animals

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.