Help with cat allergies?

This stray cat came to my house and my boyfriend and I fell in love with him and his personality. I want nothing more than to keep him but we both have cat allergies. My allergies are worse as I get hives all over my face when I pet him and my boyfriend apparently gets watery eyes and a headache. I’m willing to do things to ensure that we could have him in the house like have an air purifier, brush him often, clean up all his hair, and I even saw an anti allergen spray on amazon that you can spray to reduce allergies, although I’m not sure if it would work. Overall my boyfriend is being stubborn about it, he refuses to try allergy shots or medication, and to have him in the house just to see if we would be sick. I can’t stand the thought of him being an outside cat and all the risks that come with it, and I don’t want to bring him to a shelter where they might euthanize him. Does anyone have advice to try to convince him to take in this kitty or know of any great products or ways to reduce allergies? 

you could ask your doctor about allergy shots and meds

Get the stuff you saw like the spray and the purifier. Get some Clarityn or other antihistamine for yourself.

The BF's allergy sounds less than yours. He may well get over it with just a bit of exposure. I was allergic to my friends' cats, my eyelids actually swelled. However, I too found a stray cat and took him in and there was no problem.