Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Was Armenian Genocide part of world war one?

Update:

Or sperated?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It began in 1915, during the war, but continued on until about 1923.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The conditions that led to the genocide dated back to a previous series of fracas between the Ottomans and the Russian Empire.

• 1 month ago

I'm no historian... but military events like that certainly don't contribute towards world peace...

Just saw a bit about that... a book written about it actually... on NHK...

• larry1
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes, part of WWI. WWI was the Turks excuse for the genocide....the Armenians would see invading allied Russian troops as liberators, Christian freedom above Islam.... blah, blah.....So, the Muslim Turks murdered all of them (about 2 million).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It happened during WW I, yes, but was blow-back from the Young Turks revolt against the Sultan, restoring the constitutional monarchy. Many Armenians were politically connected to the Sultan, and became scapegoat for a certain Col. Enver Pasha. It's much more complicated than my answer, but yes.

• 1 month ago

not that i know of but it couldve been

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It can somehow be assimilated, but the motivations were different, as the oppression of the Armenians began long before world war one started, and carried on even after it ended. The world war simply provided some additional pretext and concealment since everyone was busy looking somewhere else.

• Phil
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I would say yes. It certainly happened during WWI.

BUT the genocides  against the Armenians( and other Christian minorities such as Greeks and Assyrians) began in 1909 and until the Republic of Turkey was founded in 1923.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.