Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

were the people who crucified jesus christ considered to be white people?

did whites crucify jesus

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Possibly.

Act 2:9  Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10  Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome,  11  both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.” ... 36  Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” 

The Jews who crucified Jesus were from all over, including Europe and Africa.  After the Great Diaspora, they had intermarried with all different races.  They could have been any color, including Jesus.  The Bible is virtually silent about skin melanin count.

Attachment image
  • 8 months ago

No.  The Romans weren't considered white.  Italian-Americans weren't accepted as, 'white', until the ladder half of the last century.   I called an Italian kid, "white", as recent as the 90s, on the bus once, and he was vehement that he wasn't.  That was the first I'd ever heard of that.  I figure that some Puerto Ricans can pass for white, but aren't considered to be, so it must be the same with Italians.  

• 8 months ago

They were Jews and Italians. You decide whether or not they are white.

• 8 months ago

Let us hope that they 

at least "contributed" to his execution. 

If they didn't, they will never know what they missed!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You fail to understand that it was the "plan" of their god in an effort to obligate one from birth for that which it apparently did not know would happen with it's creations.

• 8 months ago

Roman soldiers came from Africa, Italy, and all over.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Italians. Mama mia!

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

They were Gentile Roman soldiers - Europeans. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.