Why do Christians think its okay to perform cannibalistic rituals? ?

They perform flesh and blood rituals in front of a statue of a bloody man nailed to a wooden cross. Why do they think that this is okay? 

Favorite Answer

Its the way they are brainwashed.

• lol. Those who believe Christians perform cannibalistic rituals are they that are indeed brainwashed. And misty if you believe that, you are also among those who are easily brainwashed.

I don't. In my church, the bread and water (not wine) are only symbolic.

• Angel1 month agoReport

They symbolize flesh and blood. You eat and drink it. How is this not cabinalism?

What's wrong with you that you think the Sacrament of Communion involves human flesh??

• Angel1 month agoReport

You Christians are the cannibals. You christians all believe in the bible, therefore you are all cannibals. You Christians are sick and disgusting.

• Doug

Mainly because God prescribed it, for the purpose of our eternal salvation - and since bread and wine is used in a very special way, it's not cannibalism.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • Angel1 month agoReport

Its cannibalism.

Note Jesus' wording in the following passage.

Mat 26:27  And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 

Mat 26:28  for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 

Mat 26:29  I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.” 

He calls the liquid in the cup "blood" in v. 28, but then immediately in the next verse refers to it as "fruit of the vine".  Obviously he's using the word "blood" as a metaphor for grape juice/wine that is used in the Lord's Supper.  Here's another hint as to the actual contents.

1Co 11:20  When you come together, it is not the Lord's supper that you eat. 

1Co 11:21  For in eating, each one goes ahead with his own meal. One goes hungry, another gets drunk. 

The Greek word for "wine" is "onios" and it meant the liquid from grapes in any state from fresh grape juice to complete fermentation.  So it's very possible that sometimes the only wine available might have a high alcohol content, and thus potentially cause drunkenness if drunk in excess, as shown above.  You can't get drunk on drinking blood.  You may want to do some research on how symbolism works, especially the use of metaphors.  There is no cannibalism when it comes to the Lord's Supper.

Update for asker Angel:

Do you know what a "lamentation" is?  The book is lamenting the hardships the Israelites have and will go through due to their disobedience to God (Dt 28:15-68), including their situation being so dire, extreme starvation would lead to eating their own children.  The ancient Israelites agreed to a deal God offered them (Ex 19:3-8), and then reneged on the deal (Jer 31:31-32), so God abandoned them to fate.  You would do well to learn a lesson from their punishment (1Cor 10:11).

• Angel1 month agoReport

You guys believe it. It made it to the Bible. If you dont believe what's in the Bible then youre not a Christian.

its not cannibalistic to eat and drink the flesh and  blood of Jesus, he died for your sins so you can go to heaven. stop being a smart ***. 

• Angel1 month agoReport

I beg to differ. That is cannibalism in every sense of the word. You people are disgusting.

Not all Churches have Jesus up on a cross in the middle of the Church. we have a memoral of the body that was crucfied and the blood that was shed it is not cannibalistic because all it is is unleaven bread and grape fruit juice that we partake on in memory of the body and blood of Jesus. Thanks for the question.

• Dave D

Your ignorance is profound.

• Angel1 month agoReport

How am i ignorant? 

I don't know any that do. Some so-called Christians think they do, but it's really just wine.

• Angel1 month agoReport

You all use the same Bible: Christians, catholics, protestants, orthox. These verses i found appear in all the bibles. 

I see you don’t understand what symbolic means