How to make an electricity meter training setup ?

I’m looking to make a Electric meter training setup that looks like the photo below.. I will also be connecting a consumer unit to the isolator. And a light socket to the consumer unit. My only question is how would I supply electricity to the meter? 

I was thinking about connecting a mains hook up adapter to one of the house plug sockets and running the cable to the Hanley  100amp fuse. Would this supply another electricity for the meter and light socket to work? 

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Snezzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Might indicate that you are in UK or some other place outside of North America.

Meanwhile, the observation that, "If you have to ask, then you should not," applies to most electrical work.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

And you wonder why your house burns down?  Insurance will not cover it because this is not a stock wiring hook up, one that got passed by the electrical inspector when the house was built.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you have to ask these questions here, what are you doing training anybody?

• ...Show all comments
    • Girlie Electrics
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Leave live tests to the big boys and girls. Until you master dead testing (and fault finding) you shouldn't be playing with anything more than a 1.5v battery. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1080020/Electrician_Simulator/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.