What was the moment in your life that made you fully realise you were an adult?

Favorite Answer

Hi!, I'm 27 now and it was when I hit 25. I live in with mum in a small community south of Japan, inside Miyazaki prefecture. Until I was 25 I was living comfortably with her pension and realised back then if she dies I can't longer earn that money and I'm alone on the world, so i started to study nursing, to become a male nurse. Then I realised I'm an adult and that i must plan for the future or something will go wrong with me. 

The day I got into other things.

When I started bringing in money I had made from working.

When I started work (fulltime) aged 15 so I thought. But, that first day I realized I was just a teenager in an ADULT WORLD. 

• Stanley
      4 weeks agoReport

It looks like I'm not the only OLD GIT posting on Q&A Stanley. ITS SURE LOOKS THAT WAY. ;-)

• K8

When I became completely independent from my parents I realized I was an adult.  I fully realized it after I had my first child.

• carrie

I realised that I was an adult when I became independent of my parents, and had to pay my own  bills and bought my first house. 

When I was 16 or 17, some lady called me

sir. I was like de Niro, youre talking to me?

• LilyRT

when I got in the car with the baby and realized the hospital was actually letting me take him home, that another human being was depending on me for literally everything, and that there was no back up if I screwed up or flaked out.

When I started enjoying giving more than receiving and thinking of others more than myself.

When I raised my hand to swear into the USMC on my 17th birthday.