Im a cash buyer in the Uk..but am travelling can someone sign all the paperwork on my behalf I have already provided proof of funds and ID ?

If in the US you would just need to assign a "specific power of attorney" to the person you want to sign for you. A "general POA" doesn't work when buying a home here.. it must be "specific" and must list the property address and price etc on it. Not sure on UK law however.

Source(s): Mortgage lender (USA).

only if you granted them legal power of attorney (or whatever it is called in your country)..it may be that your lawyer as the equivalent of POA...check with your lawyer...may just be an issue of signing to allow the lawyer to sign.

• Tavy

You will need a Solicitor to do the conveyancing. They can sign the documents for you.  Mine did when I was away.

UK

• Maxi

No, you employer a solicitor who does all the legal paperwork, who you can arrange for you to sign and return the paperwork to them, or arrange to sign it at another solicitors office local to where you will be

• Tavy
      4 weeks agoReport

The Solicitors can sign on his behalf, mine did.