Breastfeeding and drinking. ?

I’ve read up and have found that there is conflicting information when it comes to drinking and breastfeeding. So this is a question requesting personal info, have any of you ladies here had issues when it came to drinking one or two beers and breastfeeding your infant? With milk supply or your baby having issues sleeping? I honestly don’t drink that much, the occasional beer or two.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • KatieC
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Everyone tends to give different information, but my doctor had told me the occasional (once a week or so) beer/glass of wine or two was completely fine. She said to wait a couple of hours before nursing, and nearly all if not all of the alcohol would be out of the milk anyway. My daughter is almost 3 now, and is totally fine. AND as a side note, I did notice beer gave my supply a little bump. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It's perfectly safe to have a drink or two and breastfeed.  You don't even need to wait.  If you feel tipsy, don't breastfeed.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm all for it if my makes my child sleep a little longer.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i wouldnt drink while breastfeeding cause then your baby will be drinking too

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

"With visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads". Sugerplums were cubes of sugar tied into a handkerchief and then doused in bourbon. Good for teething, but that was a hundred years ago.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.