Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Spirituality Speaking: Do you agree that the universe is intelligently designed?

The universe is awesome and a never-ending source of learning. When I read Hebrews 11:3, current scientific thinking about its origins clicked. "By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." Scientists tell us that the energy needed to start it came from "a statistical fluctuation from primordial chaos" - a nugget that weighed a mere twenty pounds (9.07 kg) and was just 10 to the power of 26 cm in diameter (about one billionth of one billionth of one billionth of a centimetre). Invisible to us. And, out of chaos God created order! Out of darkness God created light! Genesis agrees with Big Bang ideas except that God is credited as the Intelligent Designer and Scientist who caused all the laws of physics to begin operating when He decided to create matter for our material universe. It takes a universe this size to produce all the elements needed for life and so God created life from what He had intelligently designed, and breathed life into this universe. All for His glory.

Source(s): Inventing the Universe – why we can’t stop talking about science, faith and God by Alister McGrath (Hodder & Stoughton, 2015)

It obviously had a one of a kind architect/creator! A big bang would created a MESS not perfect species of all kinds-each having the ability to heal itself, to think & create new life!! The miracle of LIFE is quite overwhelming to think about at times! And NO I don't believe the aliens should get any credit! So don't even go there! We (humans) were made in his image. I believe the designer would have to be very loving to give us our senses to experience pleasure & he designed us so we wouldn't always be alone. Soo much beauty in all of nature! A masterpiece!    

How else could it get here, a big explosion of nothing that mutated into everything? 

You can't get something from nothing.  Even 5 year olds understand thism

• wombatfreaks
      3 weeks agoReport

I think the Something from nothing idea is common in many religions, but I've never heard of  non religious person say they believed it. 

I believe world creation around 6000 years ago..

G-d created world, but was it designed? I think He did think, but not designed w/ our brain. He did it & we shall understand or use it someday.

Thanks!

• Boz
      3 weeks agoReport

There is solid proof of billions of years - what there is no proof of is stupid invented beings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gS6rMQxosQ

Spiritually speaking, since "the universe" includes you, I'd have to say no.

• Bulldog redux
      3 weeks agoReport

@Alex:  So you are implying that none of my fellow human beings are dumb?  Or am I immature because I acknowledge dumbness in some of my fellow human beings? 

• Paul

Its creator is infinitely intelligent, so how could it not be?

Do you know of any design that is not intelligent?

nope but nature is that way in general Wanna try to tell me different as i live within it up here on these here hills

Source(s): Just an ole shepherd his dogs and stock
    • Fred XX00 I
      3 weeks agoReport

Is that Indian mountain 

• Caesar

No.... intelligent design if just another evolution of the old creationist tales... if we are scientifically speaking we got studies that found that most cancer mutations are due to random DNA Copying ‘Mistakes’...mistakes that show nothing intelligent or perfect about our human biology, any god image or perfect design... and the monster collision between our Milky Way and fellow spiral galaxy Andromeda will occur about 4.5 billion years from now, according to research, which is based on observations made by Europe's Gaia spacecraft...a perfect intelligent designed crash...Gee Zeus

• Caesar
      3 weeks agoReport

What part is the hard to understand the part that many generation had pass and that include time, a type of people, a nation, or race... you can interpret the word of your god as you please ...no god will terminus your conundrum about how to twist or change ...the will not pass... 

• Huh?

No. As far as we can tell, the universe is a product of purely natural processes.  There is no design or designer.