Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 4 weeks ago

What does “I Mandigo” mean in Spanish to English? ?

My co-workers say that to each other all the time and i was wondering what it means.

• Rain

Mendigo means beggar, Mandingo means relative to this town.

• Vox

I'm Spanish and "I Mandigo" doesn't mean anything in my language. It doesn't make any sense.

• Don Verto
      3 weeks agoReport

Try --Hay mendigo

A Mandingo is an African.

The word you heard is mendigo.

A beggar.

Correct spelling is Hay mendigo meaning There is a beggar.

¿Hay mendigo?  Is there a beggar?

The word Hay sounds like the pronoun I in English.

Take your pick.My answer is right.

And I'm wondering why on earth you don't just ASK THEM!!!

In italy means 

I have a big dic*

I'm a native spanish speaker and  I don't think such word  exists in the spanish language.. Now, I found a similar word : "mandingo" which is a word I had never heard before, according to what I found such word has two meanings which are: 

El diablo.   (the devil)

Muchacho travieso. (naughty child)

https://www.wordreference.com/definicion/mandinga

I think it is very likely that you're misunderstanding what they are saying..

It is clear that you're thinking in english when transcribing those words into spanish as a result you said "I" when most likely you mean "hay" or "ay" or "ahi"... Now I would like to hear how you pronounce "mandigo" if i heard you maybe I could figure out what they are saying ... since spanish is my native language I'm unable to figure out how would a native english speaker pronounce "mandigo".. Please record yourself pronouncing such word and then post the audio.

God bless you.

Edit...

Ok, I think I figured out what you actually meant...What you're hearing is "‘¡ ay mendigo!

According to what I found, "Méndigo en el noroeste de México significa malo, cabrón, perro, pinche, etc." ( Which translates as "mendigo" in the northwest of Mexico means wicked, bastard"  etc) 

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/m%c3%a9ndi...

My guess is that your coworkers, friends, etc are using such expression in a friendly way... for instance, suppose your friend wins the lottery and you react by saying '"lucky bastard"... whereas   a person from the North west  of Mexico would say  "‘¡ ay mendigo !"

• Mamie

Mendigo means beggar.  Mandingo means evil or devil.  "I" might be "Ay." Are you sure you've written it correctly?

America is great.

• RE
      4 weeks agoReport

Trump doesn't believe America is great at this time. If he did, he wouldn't say Make America Great Again. One more unkept promise.

That can't be what they're saying, and "in Spanish to English" makes no sense.

• fdf4 weeks agoReport

i can't figure out what that you mean with "I mandigo". Regarding "ay wey"..It's just a mexican expression when referring to a friend ..like "pal" "dude" etc... maybe a mexican could explain such expression better than me. I'm not mexican.