Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 4 weeks ago

What does “I Mandigo” mean in Spanish to English? ?

My co-workers say that to each other all the time and i was wondering what it means.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Rain
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Mendigo means beggar, Mandingo means relative to this town.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Vox
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I'm Spanish and "I Mandigo" doesn't mean anything in my language. It doesn't make any sense.

• Don Verto
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Try --Hay mendigo

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

A Mandingo is an African.

The word you heard is mendigo.

A beggar.

• 4 weeks ago

Correct spelling is Hay mendigo meaning There is a beggar.

¿Hay mendigo?  Is there a beggar?

The word Hay sounds like the pronoun I in English.

Take your pick.My answer is right.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

And I'm wondering why on earth you don't just ASK THEM!!!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In italy means 

I have a big dic*

• 4 weeks ago

I'm a native spanish speaker and  I don't think such word  exists in the spanish language.. Now, I found a similar word : "mandingo" which is a word I had never heard before, according to what I found such word has two meanings which are: 

El diablo.   (the devil)

Muchacho travieso. (naughty child)

https://www.wordreference.com/definicion/mandinga

I think it is very likely that you're misunderstanding what they are saying..

It is clear that you're thinking in english when transcribing those words into spanish as a result you said "I" when most likely you mean "hay" or "ay" or "ahi"... Now I would like to hear how you pronounce "mandigo" if i heard you maybe I could figure out what they are saying ... since spanish is my native language I'm unable to figure out how would a native english speaker pronounce "mandigo".. Please record yourself pronouncing such word and then post the audio.

God bless you.

Edit...

Ok, I think I figured out what you actually meant...What you're hearing is "‘¡ ay mendigo!

According to what I found, "Méndigo en el noroeste de México significa malo, cabrón, perro, pinche, etc." ( Which translates as "mendigo" in the northwest of Mexico means wicked, bastard"  etc) 

https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/m%c3%a9ndi...

My guess is that your coworkers, friends, etc are using such expression in a friendly way... for instance, suppose your friend wins the lottery and you react by saying '"lucky bastard"... whereas   a person from the North west  of Mexico would say  "‘¡ ay mendigo !"

• Mamie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Mendigo means beggar.  Mandingo means evil or devil.  "I" might be "Ay." Are you sure you've written it correctly?

• 4 weeks ago

America is great.

• ...Show all comments
    • RE
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Trump doesn't believe America is great at this time. If he did, he wouldn't say Make America Great Again. One more unkept promise.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

That can't be what they're saying, and "in Spanish to English" makes no sense.

• ...Show all comments
    • fdf4 weeks agoReport

i can't figure out what that you mean with "I mandigo". Regarding "ay wey"..It's just a mexican expression when referring to a friend ..like "pal" "dude" etc... maybe a mexican could explain such expression better than me. I'm not mexican.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.