Chloe
Lv 5
Chloe asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What do you think make the best breeds for agility?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The border collie is the best known  top breed for agility, however, any active energetic breed will also enjoy these activities.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Border Collies, Australian Shepherds, Whippets, Terriers just to name a few, but any dog with that drive can. 

• Sparky
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Any working dog breed such as collies, kelpies, heelers etc.

• 2 months ago

This doesn't quite answer your question as the Border Collie is obviously the best breed but I like to see people choose their breed because 'they love the breed and all that goes with it'  and then do the best that breed can do at any specific discipline.

ie... I don't like to see people change their breed to get whatever is best at a specific discipline.  

A friend's dog competing....

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The TOP agility dogs are Border Collies hands down!

• 2 months ago

Any herding breed you care to name  is of course.  Agility and Stamina  and high intellect are in their breed traits all.

Attachment image
    Source(s): Just an ole Shepherd his Dogs and stock...( my apologies for the pic change yahoo is having difficulties and coudnt reload the former pic)
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Basset Hound puppy, Newfoundland puppy, German Shepherd puppy, Rottweiler puppy, Doberman puppy and Blue Heeler puppy. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Top users? More like prolific pests with nothing of value to say who go around collecting ego-boosting points, being rude, and being abusive to regular people asking regular questions. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Herding dogs, particularly the small to mid sized breeds.

Border collie, Shetland sheepdog (sheltie), Australian shepherd, kelpie, etc.

Terriers can be amazing too. 

• Chloe
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Obviously, Border Collies rule the sport.  I also think Shetland Sheepdogs (what I had) and Aussies are great.  How come I don't hardly see Standard Poodles, German Shepherads, Belgain Malnoise, and Golden and Labador Retrievers?  I would love to get  into agility again after the passing of my Shelties but would love to try a Standard Poodle and maybe a Belgian Teruvian or Malnoise (sorry for spelling) or a German Shepherd.  They are all super smart, is it because they may be a bit aggressive?  I'm confused.

• ...Show all comments
    • Ocimom
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Our Lab loved agility but she was not the fastest; however she did do "clean" runs when she did them.

• 2 months ago

Terrier and cocker

• Ocimom
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Terriers yes, cockers no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.