Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 3 weeks ago

How Long Does It Take for Atherosclerosis To Develop?

Can someone in their 20's develop atherosclerosis especially if they have high cholesterol but are taking a statin and exercising? How long does it usually take? I also am overweight but have been watching what I eat alongside exercise. I also have no heart issues.

• k w
    Favorite Answer

when you get to 80....you'll be closer......you must have been medically fearful, due to thinking you got educated from viewing all the dangerous drug advertisements, you were not...;

Source(s): you trust the wrong people and give them way more credit than they deserve ;http://www.health-science-spirit.com/medicaldiseas...
    • k w
      2 weeks agoReport

and look at the believers/down-voters in drugs, they never suspected...and are offended

I read reports that young troops, killed in Vietnam had autopsies done that found atherosclerosis in the coronary arteries at the 10-20% blockage noted. 

I think this is a common occurrence in society today, and think screening for high cholesterol and consideration for treatment would be wise, even for younger patients.