Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 3 weeks ago

How Long Does It Take for Atherosclerosis To Develop?

Can someone in their 20's develop atherosclerosis especially if they have high cholesterol but are taking a statin and exercising? How long does it usually take? I also am overweight but have been watching what I eat alongside exercise. I also have no heart issues.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • k w
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

when you get to 80....you'll be closer......you must have been medically fearful, due to thinking you got educated from viewing all the dangerous drug advertisements, you were not...;

Source(s): you trust the wrong people and give them way more credit than they deserve ;http://www.health-science-spirit.com/medicaldiseas...
    • ...Show all comments
    • k w
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

and look at the believers/down-voters in drugs, they never suspected...and are offended

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

I read reports that young troops, killed in Vietnam had autopsies done that found atherosclerosis in the coronary arteries at the 10-20% blockage noted. 

I think this is a common occurrence in society today, and think screening for high cholesterol and consideration for treatment would be wise, even for younger patients.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.