how can you not believe in the Second Amendment?

• John H

Since it is written down, you have to believe it.

I do, but many right wingers do not like the first part of it, which they ignore

'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,'

It clearly states you must be a member of a well regulated militia to own a gun.

• Clive

I believe it exists. What is your problem with that?

What are you talking about? There is no belief or non-belief of the 2nd Amendment or any other part of the constitution. However, you do understand that Amendments have been added and overturned (think prohibition) as society changes. No part of the constitution is absolute. You do not have an absolute right to free speech (think slander, shouting "fire" in a theater, etc). All the amendments have limitations. What makes you beleive that the 2nd amendment is so special that it should have no limitations?

Although not much of a gun person at all, I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment. I want my choice to not carry a firearm or defend my home with one to be MY choice, not some one else's. 

• oikoσ

Everyone believes in it. The disagreement is in regard to how it should be interpreted.

I'm a huge 2nd Amendment Supporter, but you don't have to be a genius to understand why some don't like it. 

Because guns are used to kill people or commit crimes by criminals.  Many also do not trust their fellow Americans.

Not sure what you mean by "believe in" but one can support it or some variation in its interpreted meaning.

Right-wingers don't. More correctly, they only believe in the second half of it.