How many years do you estimate there us technology for faster than light travel ?

And don’t give me the impossible nonsense we just need the proper technology that hasn’t been invented yet 

• Tom

50-75 years, if we have not already done it in a secret space program-------And it wont be via "brute force speed", but rather a "Physics Shortcut"---like Space warping or quantum based "Space Jumping".

can't say for sure,,FTL examination is underway,, time may  approximate the action of a boat in the water,propelled in 3 dimensional space because of  water wave action,,not water movement as in currents,

send a jetski back in time to visit pacific maneating tribesmen a million years BC.try to 'splain heem' internal combustion engines,hull shaping which minimizes friction on/in water

we have made more progress in science & tech in the past 100 years than in all recorded history,,ftl craft may be here a lot sooner than most think

• goring

See the analysis as per www.alternative physics.org

It will be hard work and we might not get there

Source(s): But keep believing....They do !

Sorry, but the impossibility of super-luminous travel isn't nonsense. We have already imparted on subatomic particles sufficient energy for them to achieve super luminous speeds if the pre-Relativity model of motion were correct. 

To put it another way: according to Special Relativity it would take an infinite amount of energy for a massive particle to reach light speed and there isn't an infinite amount of energy in the universe.  

• jeffrcal
      4 weeks agoReport

For those who do not speak German, here is the translation: http://hermes.ffn.ub.es/luisnavarro/nuevo_maletin/Einstein_1905_relativity.pdf   

6 trillion....

• Those safety tips do not help. They bought brand new BMW 7 with my card, and paid dozens internet services. Data collected from https safe and legal companies all over world while ordinary ordering 1 euro plastics for eggs.

"Impossible nonsense", really?, perhaps you have a problem with reality, no?

• Clive

You don't know that "we just need the proper technology". According to current science, it's impossible. I don't care what you want to hear. It's true whether you like it or not.

• Bulldog redux
      4 weeks agoReport

@Blueberries:  So your saying that since scientific knowledge is incomplete, anything and everything is possible.  Magical fairies might help us to travel faster than light. I know that's true because scientific knowledge in incomplete.

So you think that technology can overcome universal constants?  OK, then how about this:  How many years until we can change Planck's constant to equal 30 feet?

If it's possible, I don't expect it within my lifetime, or the lifetimes of anyone I know.  If it were easy, I would expect some space-faring species would be traveling all over the galaxy by now, and we would see evidence of it.  And second, the earth is becoming full, and humanity will need to deal with other problems, first.  Climate change is only a small example of what's in store.