Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

I’m a Christian and I think I found my future husband, but he’s not a Christian?

Recently, I’ve fallen in love with my guy friend and have just come to the relization how perfect we are together. He is the first guy that I have ever felt chemistry with, feel completely comfortable around him, we laugh at the same things, have the same interests, ans everything just feels so natural and perfect between us. There is just one problem. He is an athiest and I am a Christian. He claims that he doesnt believe in God and hates the idea od Christianity, but for some reason, whenever I talk to him about it and try to be a good influence on him, he is always smiling and listening to me. If he really hated it that much he would not want to listen and he would not like me. But I can tell he really genuinely likes me. Or even loves me. He gives me these looks like how a guy looks when he’s kn love with you. Now I am a serious Christian and I will not date someone that isnt Christian, but I dont know why I have this feeling like he is the one and that someday he will get saved and I will end up with him. He has a good heart and I can totally see him getting saved. I dont know why I can just imagine a future with him. Like my whole future flashes before my eyes when I see him. He makes me feel things that I have never felt with any guy before. Do you think I am being crazy or do you think that he might be the one and its just not the right time? I assure you this is not a crush. Or lust. I have experienced both and its neither of those with this guy.

Everybody ships us ans just keeps saying how cute we are and how we are soulmates also. Like I said this guy looks like he truely loves me. He makes jokes about dating me and even marrying me. He flirts with me, hugs me from behind, is always trying to be around me, he loves everything about me and doesnt judge me, he is kind, considerate, dependable, and loving. He is evrything I want except being Christian. But I do feel like he will come around sometime in the future. 

Favorite Answer

Just because someone is an atheist, it doesn't mean they are going to HATE hearing about someone's religion or ignore a person if they talk about their personal beliefs. Along with this, there are a lot of people of different faiths who get married and everything works out. My cousin is catholic, her husband is a jew. They've been married for over 35 years.

Marriage isn't all about sitting around discussing religion and politics and trying to change our partner. It's about accepting each other at face value, and differences can be interesting.

I doubt that most married couples talk about religion unless they are obsessed with it.

And in my experience, most atheists and agnostics are the least judgmental, most moral standing people i know.

christian                                      

If you are a true Christian you already know the answer.  "Be ye not unequally yoked to unbelievers."  You will, almost certainly, regret marrying such a person eventually.   The two cannot mix.  You will have arguments over whether the children should be taught what you believe or be told about atheism and follow their father in that direction.If you are just a church goer (very different from a born-again Christian) you can do as you please but you will not be honouring God in any way by doing this. If you are a serious Christian you know the answer.

• ATHENA H3 weeks agoReport

This is absolutely not the truth. 

Peter Gore Seer,

If You Were Told It Would Not Work You Would Believe It Would Not Work.

• Alan H

Feelings come unasked.

Actions are a choice 

Your first action should be to pray about it.

God can deal with it one way or another.

I was in exactly the same situation over 50 years ago.    We have recently celebrated our Golden Wedding after a lifetime of Christian ministry together 

if you truly love each other, you will both respect the beliefs of the other. I'm sure if you truly love each other, then you will both be fine. just don't try to push your beliefs and he shouldn't try to push his. 

you said

"He claims that he doesn't believe in God "

CLAIMS

I would say this is a bad idea.... you in your statement says between the lines you do not really believe he does not think god exist (thus I will explain it to him)

there is no value in your self deception

yes he is a good person YES not the point 

he does accept the fact you choose to believe god exist,, 

but you are not honestly accepting he does not and will not ever believe god exist 

you will turn on him one day ,, especially when a child comes along..

He is a fool not to see this... but my wife says men are stupid blinded by love 

you need to move on 

• ron h

Assume that he'll never change his mind.  If that's OK, cool.  If it's gonna be a problem stop soon. 

• patty

as long as he does not try to stop u practicing your religion (and your kids). I know my sister had this thing with her husband whereby he would not try to stop her from practicing her religion. Speak to him about this if u start to date.

• MCM

He’ll just have to go to church with u

• Teal

How would you feel if he tried to "influence" you towards atheism and confidently assumed you would eventually give up your religion for him? Wouldn't you find that offensive and creepy? Your religion is something he politely tolerates and accepts about you, which is more courtesy than you have shown him. Really though you just want an excuse to date him anyway. You are literally trying to convince yourself that you are having premonitions to justify ignoring the demands of your religion. Either reconsider your values and accept him as he is, or distance yourself from him. He will get tired of waiting and make the decision for you soon.