Still on windows7 desktop PC no problems yet,but disc pretty full,do I need 2TB to hold my files& I want a HP4core proces,lots of CPU,help?

Favorite Answer

Consider deleting games, apps, you never use, temp files etc. first. Then move to a bigger SSD. if still needed.

• AnnaMaria

What's an SSD?

• Lv 7

i would get an SSD and reinstall Windows 7 onto it., then delete Windows from the other drive and use it as a secondary storage. SSD is much faster for Windows.

be sure your board or model supports the faster processor. not all do just because they SHOULD. check the manufacturer's website.

#1 - Your motherboard will only accept a specific set of CPUs. To find out which it will accept, check with your PC manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer.

#2 - 2 TB is a LOT of space, and 2 TB drives are pretty cheap right now. (So: that's a good choice.) Make sure you have an empty drive bay in your case. Make sure you have an unused SATA connector on your motherboard. If you don't have a spare SATA cable you'll need to buy one.

• AnnaMaria

It goes way over my head.  what's a drive bay? a SATA cable? ....

Friend I am a person who repairs and sells computers I'm the Statesboro PC Doctor my number is available by googling me. Give me a telephone call and I'll be glad to discuss your computer needs with you.

• AnnaMaria

& your # is.............. ? what state?

Stop being a Microsoft slave. Move up to an iMac!  Best wishes 