Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

I want her out of my life?

My auntie is the true definition of a narcissist. Everything is always about her and she thinks she’s entitled to my life. I’m honestly so tired of her it’s ridiculous. She gets mad when I don’t answer her 1000 calls and loves to control my money. She takes money out of my account and whenever I get a check, she takes it and literally gives me nothing. She depends on me more than I depend on her. I’m convinced she can’t read because she needs me to do all her work stuff. (paperwork, applications, flyers, send emails). I know without me, she wouldn’t be able to function and I don’t care. What should I do? I’ve thought about just leaving my life behind but I truly just want her out of it. Telling her to leave me alone won’t work because she’s so controlling. I feel like she suffers some mental issues but too much of a narcissist to admit it and seek treatment.  

Sounds like you are in a dangerous situation and need to get out of it as soon as possible.

• Gert

How is your aunt getting into your accounts? Are you a minor?

• Marc

Take her off your accounts and move away from her and cut her off 100% No contact at all. That is how you deal with a narcissist

Why are you giving her access to your bank accounts?  Open a new account and don't tell her.   Move out as soon as possible.   You're not responsible for your "auntie."  She's an adult and can function on her own.

• kelvin

save your money and move far far away and change all of your banking information

Very simple.  Here's a direct approach.  First, close the bank account and get a new account that she does not have access to.  Have your checks deposited directly into your account.  Then write down a set of rules you expect her to follow, give her the rules, and tell her you love her but you will not help her anymore unless she respects your boundaries and follows the rules you gave her. 

As an adult, you should have a separate bank account that doesn't have her name on it. That's something you can do to take control of your life.