Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

First job working at a restaurant and I don’t know if I’m being used?

I’m the only guy working here at Williams Fresh Cafe and I’m working my *** off on my second day of f u cking training. Their making me do the dishes, serve the numbered tabled, clean all tables, grab dirty dishes, stack the clean dishes and utensils, ALL AT THE SAME ******* TIME. And my shift is 8 hours. Bro, this is not fair. Now I see why every guy who’s worked here left the job like he said. He hasn’t hired a guy in years and I’m his first one since. THEY MAKE THE GUY DO ALL THE WORK. Anyways, I’m about to have to get back to work soon, pray for yo boy and give me your thoughts. And IM ANOMYNOUS ***** SO TRY AND FIRE ME HOE!! Eazy.

LIKE I EVEN CARE IF YOUR WRINKLY OLD AZZ AND YO UGLY WIFE FIRES ME. Ok I went too far, their not bad people, but highly delusional. Maybe the age, I don’t fooking know. Back to work...sigh

I never thought I’d say this, but I rather work at a ******* fast food restaurant. 2 mins left till I’m back to work, ima shutup now *madface* *tiredface* #swag #stillsecuringthebagthough *grind

• Foofa

You appear to be in Canada where the working conditions are beyond what most US persons could even dream of. So I think you'll find a way to muddle through. Considering that it's dead cheap to get a college degree in Canada perhaps you should consider improving your work skills so you're capable of doing something more than food service.

• Dave

That's why it's called "work."  In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground.

I know man, it's hard work, but I think they are going too far, might be a small restaurant not chain. 

Yep. Restaurant work is often hard work. I was in that field for 20 years... kept me in good shape!

Hello... if you hate the job then quit.

grow up and stop whining - get used to it this is life not mamas house 

• James

Of course you're being used. You're a low level employee. You'll do most of the work and get least of the money.

That's just how the world works.

But you're still much better off than the average low level worker a hundred years ago or two hundred years. That's why unions exist; to fight for workers' rights. To make working conditions more humane.

Yep welcome to the real world!

Dude with his first job has discovered that work is....wait for it...hard.

This is why employers don't like to hire college graduates who haven't worked during their education.    They tend to be immature and have unrealistic expectations. 

Even when I'm hiring a new grad with a graduate degree, I look for the ones who flipped burgers or waited tables because I know that they know what work is.

Multi-tasking?  Eight hour shift?    Ugly boss?   However will you survive such abuse?

"THEY MAKE THE GUY DO ALL THE WORK "   Funniest thing I've read today.  

I hope you tuck what you wrote somewhere safe and read it about 25 years from now when your own kid is the age you are now and you can't imagine how you raised such a stupid whiner.    And then you'll have faith that it will pass. 

• Tavy

Wow, that's what happens in catering. Staff do ALL of the jobs and have to work fast.

Bit of a shock, yes?