Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 2 months ago

My Steam account is scheduled for deletion, should I save it?

I thought I had too many games to play around 200 and some were very horror based

Thought it was illegal to sell an account 

Its because I bought a lot of horror genre based games to try and be cool, but I don't really like horror. 

Favorite Answer

You think 200+ is "Too much"?  Try 1700+ (& climbing)!  My library is so large that I cannot fully download & install every single title on my computer (clocking in at ~4,875 GB's right now...  slowly closing in on the 5 TB mark)

There's really no logical reason to delete your steam account because you are literally forfeit all the money spent on your library (which the replacement value of my library clocks in at least $22,600 so far...  All figures about Steam account are compiled by MySteamGauge.com using publicly accessible data).  By deleting your account, you're practically giving Valve everything in your account back to them for NOTHING in return & no way to recover that account in the future, should you ever change your mind.

While selling your account is illegal, as it's a MASSIVE VIOLATION of the Valve's TOS & all the game EULA's that you agreed to upon purchase, installation & playing said games.  Additionally some games utilize 3rd party DRM that's enforced by the publisher, which further complicates things.  With that said, apart from including your login details as part of your digital estate (as it can be included in your will), you can share your library with trusted family members & friends through the Family Sharing option so they can enjoy the majority of your library (as games that use 3rd party DRM or have other anti-cheating restrictions are excluded) when you're not using it.  It's something that I've set up with my brothers & my mother.

It is ultimately your choice on how you want to handle your account, there are better alternatives than just deleting it.

Not illegal, just impossible.

And a violation of the Terms of Use.

What many do is just sell their Account, password and such.

The new owner downloads (unless the machine was included) the games as if they were being installed to a new computer.

You may not sell individual games, it is all (the account) or none.

There's absolutely no benefit to you to have your account deleted.

If you don't want to use the games, just don't log in.

You can always come back later if you change your mind.

If you delete the account, there's no recovering it.

• NONAME

Too many Games...Dude you must really hate money huh?  WHy would you ever delete this?  Depending on the games do you know how much you could sell your whole account for..

..you are trolling right?