Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsMy Yahoo · 2 months ago

Half the time I skipped classes in college. Now I don't know anything and got a job somehow but feel scared I can't perform. What do I do?

None of these answers are realistic. How did you get through college? By drinking, barely passing and then graduating? No wonder you have a problem! And people wonder what is wrong with society!! You got a job on your lying alone and now you have to pay the price!!

Welcome to the real world!

Listen to other people. Ask questions. You can learn new things from everyone, but try not to gossip. That you managed to graduate from college means you have survival skills and ate able to make long time commitment of time and effort. You may have more street smarts than academic smarts. That can be a very good thing in a somewhat competitive environment, but you are also part of a team. You have to be able to cooperate and work with other people. You CAN go back to school at any time to learn new things, update your knowledge and skills, acquire new skills, especially if your employer is willing to provide substantial tuition support.

I had a co-worker that felt the same way so he went to his supervisor and discussed his performance concerns.  They told him not to worry because they realized it would take some time to know what to do and what was expected.  They felt he was on track in his on-the-job training and told him they would let him know if he was falling behind.

• Bill

keep the job and go back to finish college

What job are you doing? You can really go and do anything and build yourself up. Don't be worried, just do the work, put the effort in and stand out.