Why does my air intake keep opening by itself?

I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Classic. This is not the only vehicle that this has ever happened to me in. I want to be in control of when fresh air flows into my truck. I don't want to have other cars' exhaust just suddenly coming into the truck.....is there a way to override this and shut it off from happening?

• Erik
    Favorite Answer

My Camry has a switch on the dash that opens and closes the vent.  Read your owner's manual, maybe you have something similar.

Yes.  It is the controls that say heat or fresh air.  That is just a flap.  You flip it closed when following a diesel. then the air just recirculates inside the cab.

Read your owner's manual

• Ron

Read the effin owners manual. No doubt it has some insight into solving the problem

Put the vent in Recirc. 

There should be a cabin air recirculate button on the environmental controls to close the outside air mix, it looks like a circle arrow. The same switch will light up when you have the A/C on max. Great when you're passing a industrial size hog farm on the highway.

• JetDoc

Some settings for your climate controls automatically revert to the factory preset position whenever the ignition is turned off.  The fresh air setting is probably one of those settings.  READ the owner's manual that came with the truck (also available online) to find out how to adjust the settings.  

You've answered your own question in your first sentence:

You own a DODGE.