Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 2 months ago

Why do my lips swell after eating ?

Recently my lips have been swelling and going super red especially round the edges after I eat food - doesn’t matter what I eat, and it’s food I’ve been eating my whole life so it’s not like i’m allergic to the foods as I’ve never reacted to them before and there’s no clear link to when my lips swell

I have no other symptoms (I do have strep throat atm but I wouldn’t think this would be linked as it only happens after I eat) and I’m not using any new products at all. I’m not too worried about it either because it doesn’t hurt or cause any other symptoms just wondering why it’s happening 

Some foods I’ve eaten over the past two days include: pot noodle, chicken burger (lemon and herb spice), orzo pasta, mashed potato, super noodles, chocolate cake, salad, etc and my lips have swelled up with all of these foods.

• Diana

Get yourself checked by your doctor, just to be on the safe side.

• audrey

Women pay thousands of $$$ for lips like that! But, seriously, just start eliminating one food at a time till you find which one you've developed an allergy to. Btw, you're not on any meds for strep are you? Meds made me break out in hives when I ate asparagus.

• Erin2 months agoReport

Im on antibiotics, so could actually be because of that - I didn’t think of that, thanks 

• k w

it's one of your foods, probably the one you love the most, and you can't depend on a professional, you got to do it yourself ! you'll figure it out ......

• Rick

did you just start using some new seasoning ????

Looka like a fish