Hi T
Lv 7
Hi T asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 2 months ago

Coffee ingredients list, E.U and brexit. For U.K.?

Update:

Read ingredients of granulated coffee pre brexit. But not listed on new jar, is this because of no regulations since Brexit. Question for people in U.K only.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

    Brexit is irrelevant.

    Until AT LEAST the end of this year, the UK is still fully adherent to all EU rules.

    Tea, coffee and similar products only have to list ingredients if anything is added. The UK is exceptionally unlikely to diverge from such a simple common sense rule even when we are totally divorced from the EU.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Coffee is a drink but the EU and Brexit was a political agreement, nothing for ingredients. I am sure that the regulations that changed is likely because the trade has changed so some ingredients are not available post-Brexit. 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    If a product contains 2 or more ingredients they must all be listed.

    Although this law may have originated in the EU it is part of UK law.

    https://www.gov.uk/food-labelling-and-packaging/in...

    I think the only way they could not list the ingredients would be if it contains only 1 or 2 ingredients - even then companies often list them even if it's solely one ingredient (i.e 'contains 100% orange juice').

    The only way to find out for sure would be to contact the manufacturer - twitter may be the easiest way.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    The withdrawal agreement is that the UK continues to conform to EU requirements in such matters until the end of the year. Any change is coincidental. (Regular coffee does not normally need a list of ingredients btw as the only ingredient is coffee)

    • Hi T
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

      This coffee had many ingredients, only 3% actual coffee. In the old jar the other 97% of several different ingredients were listed, but not on the new jar.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    I  just did. Nescafé is made in Ireland , same ingredients as before Brexit. No way could the suppliers alter the ingredients and ship it out in one week since we left the EU. So what is your problem?

    UK

    • Hi T
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

      Problem is 97% of the several different ingredients are not listed on the new jar. But were on the old. I just wondered why ?

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.