What is your view on those that are racist?

I've been against racism my whole life

And nobody ever makes racist comments towards me unless they have never had a conversation with me

I don't act like any culture beyond North American Christian culture

But lately I've realized a lot of the people who come to Canada and aren't trained by North American manners

On things like - sharing - respecting strangers - considering the needs of others and not just your own - walking into a relationship with the idea of blessing others and not with the idea of being blessed - being explicit and forward about your grievances before ghosting somebody

Most of the jerks I know who don't do this are not North American born people

I wonder if racism is okay sometimes - I know every race has good or bad - but some seem to have more bad

Favorite Answer

Most people in the Americas who claim racism are just blame shifting.

But even Canada's base culture and history is full of racism and bigotry, it's just so well worked in you don't even think about it.

• Zirp

Questions about the answerer are not allowed.

The belief that humans come in a handful of genetically distinct races has been PROVEN wrong around 1950

I don’t approve of racist people.  I think they’re bad and ignorant people.  

• Craig

You are already halfway to being a racist...you DO believe in the existence of different biological races. That's the first step along the way to racism...you CAN'T be racist unless you first believe THAT.

It's not true, BTW. Mankind are not distinguished one from another on the basis of belonging to different "races". You don't belong to a race. Nobody does.

The word "race" is a made-up distinction. It comes from prehistory, when it was invented as a justification for doing things to other people who might have looked just like you...things that you were forbidden from doing by your own village or tribe's taboos. Things like stealing from them, or murdering them. But if somebody was not like your fellow-villagers or tribesmen...if you could claim they were different...like they were a different 'race'...then it would be okay to kill them and take their stuff. That's where the idea of "race" comes from - not biology.

But, if you want to be a racist, you've gotta believe in "race" as a biological reality...like YOU do.

I hate non-whites

Racism always puzzled me, on the one hand we divide the world into separate societies that frequently demonise each other, then we arrest individuals who do that. This frequently comes with a handy colour code for the hard of thinking.