Should Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, be given parliamentary immunity from prosecution over corruption charges?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • prop4u
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Sure, look at our goof ball... what is wrong, is now right and what is right is now wrong... 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • BMCR
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The concept of parliamentary immunity is found in many countries, most notably France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_immuni...

There are arguments for and against the concept.

The argument against the concept is that it would otherwise lead to potential corruption and abuse of powers.

The argument for the concept is that it prevents the judiciary from executing political power over duly elected officials and thus maintains the balance of power.

Personally, I lean towards not having parliamentary immunity.

I will note that some people will not be honest about this and will say Netanyahu should not be given immunity merely because they do not like him.

• 2 months ago

Of course not.

Kevin, I have a question for you, why are you asking immunity for NETENyahu ? is it because he is ethnic cleansing Palestinians and killing elders women and children of the owners of the lands so he deserves a better treatment ?

Shame.

• hihi!
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NO! Do the crime, do the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

NO - that puts him above the law - and I DO NOT believe ANYBODY should EVER be above the law regardless of anything!

If there is a good reason for violating it - that's part of what courts are for, explain there - but somehow answer for it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.