I have a question about the transit bus systems?

How come the passengers waiting to get on the bus aren't allowed to get on the bus until they let a disabled passenger off the bus?

I don't get why they don't let the passenger boarding the bus on before they let the disabled passenger off the bus.

Favorite Answer

Because there would be more room for the new passengers AFTER the departing ones get off.

Duh !

• Fell In Love

I have never thought of that

I think that it is common for passengers to exit and thus make room for new passengers to enter.  Seems just polite to allow the disabled to go first.

Have you ever tried to fill a sardine tin?Only so many fish go in.The disabled person is normally by the front door anyways-so are the first person off anyways.I thought common sense would prevail.It has always been that way.Sometimes the disabled people have more stuff than just themselves,so that means more room.

• Erik

It's harder for a disabled passenger to get off.  So it takes a little more work.

that social justice crap doesnt happen in my city