Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 2 months ago

Why do hunters wear orange?

Wearing orange is stupid. All it does it make you visible to all the animals. On top of that it exposes you to other hunters so you can't hide from them and sneak around and take their deer or their hunting spot.

Favorite Answer

And that kiddies

is

why Americans should not be allowed guns!

Why do drivers turn on their headlights when driving at night? It makes it harder to sneak up on people and ram into them without them noticing.

People as dumb as you shouldn't be allowed firearms. Or even pointy sticks.

• Quinn

Take you meds and stop trolling.

Wrong on both counts. Animals do not see color or design. Camo is just as useless as orange. Animals see motion. So you can wear orange from head to foot and as long as you do not move, the animal will not see you. You can wear camo from head to foot and the second you move they see you. The orange is so some other hunter does not confuse you for a deer or duck and shoot you. Your ability to sneak up on people is about zip. You would have to be a trained scout to be able to sneak up on people and steal stuff from them.

Actual LAW in most States says,ONLY required during Deer Season SPECIFICALLY. I have never observed any problem of being avoided by Pheasant or Rabbits. However, I HAVE seen Ruffed Grouse that were definitely effected by hunter orange. Myself, since I do not hunt Deer, I do not wear hunter orange. Never have. The reason IS, in most cases I would rather NOT be seen by another hunter. I AM well aware when I am not alone.

I HAVE had nosy idiots who do not understand this Hunter Orange Law only applies in most states ONLY during Deer Season. To which when they have something to say to me about the matter my reply IS " Why do you think I should wear hunter orange ? "

Their reply to be safe from another hunter accidentally shooting you.

My reply to that stupidity ..... " IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to IDENTIFY their target NOT MINE."

Further " If you or any other fires a shot too close to me, expect me to fall to the ground, my firearm will accidentally "go off" and WILL do so until empty right back at the fool". I offer them my copy of the Laws, since they must have lost theirs. Then I just walk away and waste my breath no further.

IN conclusion, I DO NOT mean to say this is safe for ALL people afield. Those who are experienced have seen much, and know much more then a less active outdoors-men. Remember the thing is we should ALWAYS observe and behave as SPORTSMEN and Women. We take on GREAT responsibility when we use firearms. If all simply observed Firearm Safety, and SPORTSMANSHIP, there would be no issue and no need for laws made to address the STUPID.

So Stupid people like the DEMOCRIT Congressman who shot another won't shoot you ... OOPS that didn't work... 

JUST GOES TO PROVE... DO NOT LET DEMOCRITS HAVE GUNS... 

• Todd

They're called safety clothing for a reason. Most game animals can't discern differences in light wavelength, only patterns and movement. A lot of hikers, photographers, outdoor enthusiasts wear bright clothing so they don't get accidentally "popped" by game hunters.

• oikoσ

Actually, most mammals are colorblind.

It's so they don't shoot each other (happens all the time).

• megalomaniac
      1 month agoReport

What a drama queen. "Crusading"?  Really?  I just answered why they wear orange.  And, do you know what?  That is why.  I answer questions in a very wide variety of categories, how could that possibly be crusading?