If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, how do humans die to become unseen paranormal forces like ghosts?

something to navel-gaze...

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The mind is the spirit and when you die you shed your physical body and yet you feel like you have a body. But, it's the feeling you have when on the Spiritual Realm, think of the best day in your like, multiply that feeling thousands of time and you get close to how wonderful it is.

• Garrett
      Lv 5
      24 hours agoReport

Death is the eternal end of individual consciousness and other life functions. There is no objective evidence  that supports any form of life after death. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

For starters, there's no such thing as ghosts.

While we're at it, there's no such thing as the paranormal.

Also, energy cannot be created or destroyed in a closed system.  The energy content of the universe at large is not constant.

You're lucky I came across your question to set you straight.

• 2 months ago

The phrase is "Energy can neither created or destroyed, it can only be altered".

• 2 months ago

Well, the fact that energy can be created and destroyed kind of nullifies your question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

We must eat daily to have any energy, since it is used so quickly. When we die, our remaining energy leaves us and disperses. The matter of which our bodies are composed begins to decay, We do not become unseen paranormal forces. There is no compelling evidence that ghosts exist. 

• John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

This law of the energy right now it's under the question ,reason that there must be a source for energy .Every cause has a reason ,energy it's result of a reason or in fact caused or created by .

• Megumi
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Who is questioning it? Creationists are ignorant, so no intelligent and informed person cares what THEY SAY OR DO. 

• j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Water is "usually" neither created nor destroyed, but it can be solid, liquid, or gas.  The "ghost" of an ice cube might be a vapor, and a "new-born" ice cube perhaps condensed from liquid water.

Related:

"The Path of the Higher Self;"

"Return to Life" by Dr. Jim Tucker;

"Testimony of Light;"

"Men in White Apparel;"

"Light Is a Living Spirit;"

"Autobiography of a Yogi."

Those who claim to know are not often able to convince skeptics.

• ...Show all comments
    • j153e
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Quotation marks around "usually" were indicating that, in a vapor-liquid-solid format, the water molecule is neither "created nor destroyed" (to be more explicate, "extremely" high temperature may induce dissociation of H and O, but, in the *analogy" the point is change within a molecular geometry.

• 2 months ago

I believe that our soul or spirit or life force is not like energy as we know it.  It is it's own thing, a component of the universe like matter and energy.  Does hard science back me up?  Not yet, but it's the nature of science to be open to new ideas and modify our world view based on new research.  Curved space anyone?

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Is there life after death ad what is the nature of it?

With all of our sciences, and thousands of years of religious priests, rabbis, shamans, and other clergy, magicians and mediums, there is no universally accepted answer.

Harry Houdini spent years looking for the answer. People have near death experiences and discuss what they observed.

As a Free Thinking Atheist, I don't believe in a controlling or creating entity described by most major religions (God), but I accept that we don't have definitive answers to many questions and await repeatable science supported results.

Many things are possible that we don't understand yet. Brain activity is electrical. Does it just dissipate to heat or is there a cohesiveness?

At this point in my life, the concept of ghosts is no different from a concept of God, but since more limited in scope, ghosts are more likely. Today, I believe in neither. Prove something by repeatable sound principles.

• ...Show all comments
    • Garrett
      Lv 5
      24 hours agoReport

EG is comical when eh claims Logic is just a guess. He has no reasonable arguments, so tries to tear down people and Logic and Science that all refute his pet beliefs in nonsense. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Their soul is that energy when it leaves the body after death.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.