Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

How did I get the flu after I got my shot?

I am so mad right now that I got my flu shot and I got the flu. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Jolene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Options:

1. You had the flu prior to getting the shot, but were not yet showing symptoms.

2. You got the flu shot less than 2 weeks ago. It can take up to 2 weeks for the flu shot to be effective against the protected strains.

3. You contracted a strain not covered by this year's flu shot. However, getting the shot will lessen the duration of severe symptoms, even in strains it does not protect against, so still a good thing you got the shot.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • hart
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

never,,,,,,,,,I am 70

• Not at all in my opinion

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

People get the flu after they get the flu shot and they also die from the flu shot itself. It’s just another Big Pharma scam like psych drugs and unnecessary vaccines. They don’t want you to know that if you get the flu you could just take a homeopathic remedy and get over it very quickly. Because they can’t make any money off of you that way. They would rather have you take their shots and possibly die or possibly get the flu anyway.

$$$$$$$

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

vaccine only works about 50% of the time plus in rare cases you can get sick from the vaccine itself.

• 1 month ago

The shot is not a guarantee but you should have a lighter case.

• 1 month ago

this years flu shot didn't really cover the strains that are floating around out there right now--this has been an odd flu season---but they do say getting the shot will boost your immunity so your flu wouldn't be as bad as if you didn't get the shot at all (if you believe that)

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It takes up to 2 weeks for it to work. I got it 2 days later.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are different types of virus; the flu jab does not necessarily cover all.

• Light
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Same thing happened to me last time I got mine, like a day later I started to notice cold symptoms then I got hit. Could be a side effect which is a thing or you were already getting sick beforehand. A flu doesnt eliminate the chances just lowers the chance to get the flu or sick.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.