Why is the Coronavirus such a big deal when only one in a million Chinese people have died?

Because despite their best efforts it is still spreading and it has killed more than SARS. This is in a nation that is well developed and has good medical care. Coronavirus has yet to hit South America and Africa, two areas where the medical care is not so hot. By the time this is over you will see a million dead.

Over 1,500 people have died from the coronavirus. In my opinion I think the amount of deaths is going to go way up.

"Chinese authorities have confirmed more than 66000 cases of the Wuhan ... The death toll of a coronavirus outbreak sweeping China has reached at least 1,523,"

I was able to find the above information online that I put in quotation marks.

Remember the coronavirus is contagious. Maybe you forgot about that part!!!

The coronavirus is spreading in my country, and in other parts of the world too.

Because it's highly contagious and it gives every patient pneumonia.

This is a recipe for disaster.

Hospitals have limited equipment. In rural hospitals, they would be overwhelmed in a matter of days. Such hospitals have limited ventilators, they would have to decide which patients get them and which will have to die. City hospitals would run out of beds, the walking sick would have to stay home and some of them would die.

If it gets loose, it won't kill a lot of people but it WILL kill people who wouldn't have otherwise died and it WILL overwhelm medical systems.

It has the power to spread, my love. If more people get it, more people die. the numbers go up.

It''s not over yet. Many of the already sick may die along with many more who aren't sick yet.

I know almost 20,000 died from flu last year no one mentions it

• Terry2 months agoReport

And now you can die from THIS, too! YAYYYYYYYY!

The flu have more scary stats.  I tell you what, I don't wanna die from a cold goddammit.  I still have too much strange left to do.