Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 2 months ago

Trip to California advice?

I’m planning a trip with my girlfriend on May, Memorial day weekend, my girl wants to stay in the beach area, I’m seeking any advice, I want to know which area should we stay, which flight to take, any fun place and/or you guys recommend etc. thank you

California is too beautiful to be considered only for its beaches. I'm Italian and I did a wonderful road trip through the US last summer. The best things I visited in Califiornia were: San Francisco (of course), which is a lovely city with lots of things to do, perfect to have fun. Then also Santa Maria and Santa Barbara are lovely. Ialso enjoyed so bad natural highlights such as Death Valley, Pismo Beach and Big Sur. So,California offers super diffrent things. So if you wanna be a cuty person, I suggest you to stay in San Francisco. Whilr if you're looking to a relaxing seaside holiday, find an accomodation along the coast, such as Malibù. Anyway, I don't really know which kind of tourist you wanna be, but Ican tell you that California is LOVELY and it's too often underrated when people only know it for L.A. (where I actually didn't go 'cause people told me it wasn't worth it). 

Bye! CIAO CIAO !!!

• Alessia2 months agoReport

* city person

• Foofa

We have 840 miles of coastline that varies from rocky bluffs in the far north to heavy industrialization in near north to the mid south and then some sandy beaches mixed in. Some of this is very rural, aka the Lost Coast, much of it is highly urbanized. So first get some idea of where in the state you're going then more people could help you.

Venice Beach! is the place to stay and play!

• Edd S

It isn't as cool as it used to be but still worth the visit.

There are so many beaches in California. I personally like the Baker Beach on the peninsula.

• marty

I suggest seeing the sequoia national park  it's amazing to see those huge trees.

i would ask your girlfriend all this and let her decide

• Andy2 months agoReport

she said sh just wanna relax on the beach, but I know California has tons of beaches so I’m seeking any advice

California is a big state.  With over 450 miles of coastline there are lots of beaches but in May nobody will be swimming, the Pacific ocean is too cold that time of year.

Where you go should be determined by your and your girl's interests. 

What is important to you?

Culture

Nightlife

Art

Natural beauty

History

Amusement Parks

Outdoor sports

Professional sports

Other things to consider

Your budget

Do you plan to rent a car or use public transportation

Weather

Go to your local library get a California guidebook, look thru it together to find out what you want to spend your time doing.

• Kieth

Stay away from Disneyland, it's $209 just to walk in, and you will stand in line for two hours for each ride, maybe three for the new Star Wars area.

• Edd S

Walt would be shocked.

Do you know long long California is. It’s about half the length of the United States. Do you know how many beaches there are in California. Do you know how many cities are near the beach. 

So why the hell are we suppose to recommend where you stay when we don’t know where in California you’re going.